By Garry L. Hagberg,Walter Jost
- Helpfully teams essays into the field's major sub-categories, between them ‘Relations among Philosophy and Literature’, ‘Emotional Engagement and the event of Reading’, ‘Literature and the ethical Life’, and ‘Literary Language’
- Offers a mix of analytical precision and literary richness
- Represents an extraordinary paintings of reference for college students and experts alike, excellent for direction use
Read or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Literature PDF
Best aesthetics books
Poetry of existence in literature and during literature, and the large territory in among - as giant as human lifestyles itself - the place they have interaction and impression every one different, is the nerve of human lifestyles. even if we're conscious of it or now not, we're profoundly disillusioned with the stark fact of life's rapid growth onward, and the enigmatic and irretrievable that means of the earlier.
Questo libro, introducendoci alla sua complessa elusività, pone lo stile come luogo difficile da abitare, mostra come esso si ponga oggi come una terra ineludibile che tutti vorrebbero saper dominare ma che a pochi è dato incontrare. Un concetto complesso e sfuggente come quello di stile mal si presta a una lettura monologica: meglio una pluralità di sguardi, un intersecarsi di prospettive.
Theory—an embattled discourse for decades—faces a brand new problem from those that are looking to version the equipment of all scholarly disciplines at the sciences. what's urgently wanted, says D. N. Rodowick, is a revitalized thought of idea which could determine the boundaries of medical rationalization and guard the original personality of humanistic knowing.
Assesses Merleau-Ponty’s contribution to ethics as calling for a poetic interaction among notion and mind's eye, and among silence and team spirit, that finds our position on the planet, and our duties to ourselves and others. sooner than his loss of life in 1961, Merleau-Ponty apprehensive approximately what he observed as humanity’s more and more self-enclosed and manipulative method of experiencing self, others, and the world—the effects of which stay obvious in our damaging lack of ability to hook up with others inside of and throughout cultures.
- The Thought of Music
- The Active Image: Architecture and Engineering in the Age of Modeling (Philosophy of Engineering and Technology)
- Beckett's Words: The Promise of Happiness in a Time of Mourning
- A Gallery of Mirrors: Observations on Novelists and Poets
Additional info for A Companion to the Philosophy of Literature
A Companion to the Philosophy of Literature by Garry L. Hagberg,Walter Jost