By Susan Riseling
Author Susan Riseling, leader of Police, collage of Wisconsin-Madison, deals this compelling insider’s viewpoint of these protests, in keeping with thousands of pages of exact police stories and different files from these history-making days.
Read or Download A View from the Interior: Policing the Protests at the Wisconsin State Capitol PDF
Best civil rights & liberties books
The transformation of the yankee South--from authoritarian to democratic rule--is crucial political improvement given that international battle II. It has re-sorted electorate into events, remapped presidential elections, and helped polarize Congress. most vital, it's the ultimate step in America's democratization.
Describes landmark unfastened speech judgements of the superb court docket whereas highlighting the problems of language, rhetoric, and verbal exchange that underlie them. on the intersection of communique and primary modification legislations live major questions: what's the speech we should shield, and why may still we shield it?
At this roundtable our exclusive panel will talk about China’s human rights legal professionals and their position in advancing the rule of thumb of legislations in China. we are going to research the connection among those legal professionals, the chinese language govt, and the Communist occasion, and discover why chinese language specialists lately have stripped a few famous rights attorneys in their attorneys’ licenses.
This e-book considers the proliferation in Malaysia during the last twenty years of non-governmental agencies (NGOs) linked to a variety of social activities, either to supply easy information regarding the NGOs and social activities, and to debate their function within the improvement of civil society ordinarily specifically their contribution to the reform stream, which has been amassing power considering that 1998.
- Human Rights and Global Diversity: Basic Ethics in Action
- The Secularisation of the Confessional State: The Political Thought of Christian Thomasius (Ideas in Context)
- Reel Inequality: Hollywood Actors and Racism
- The Price of Racial Reconciliation (The Politics of Race and Ethnicity)
- Intolerance: Political Animals and Their Prey (Dialogues on Social Issues: Bard College and West Point)
- Participatory Democracy and Political Participation: Can Participatory Engineering Bring Citizens Back In? (Routledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science)
Additional resources for A View from the Interior: Policing the Protests at the Wisconsin State Capitol
A View from the Interior: Policing the Protests at the Wisconsin State Capitol by Susan Riseling