By Dong Y., PsyD Han
This is a clinically obtainable reference advisor to received mind accidents (ABIs) that gives clinical and nonmedical healthcare pros who paintings with sufferers in mind trauma and rehabilitation settings with simply comprehensible information regarding this inhabitants. It presents physicians, psychologists, social staff, counselors, nurses, different allied future health execs, and especially trainees with brief scientific synopses of a whole diversity of ABIs, from reasons via diagnoses and therapy.
Written via professional authors, the source summarizes wisdom at the so much general ABIs in a transparent, constant structure together with assessment, etiology, epidemiology, medical presentation (including cognitive, emotional, behavioral, and sensorimotor), diagnostic issues, evidence-based remedies, diagnosis, and an illustrative case learn. Psychosocial issues for ABI sufferers, a massive portion of care, also are addressed.
- Delivers details in a concise, speedy reference format
- Written in available language
- Informs a variety of healthcare execs and trainees
- Covers an entire gamut of ABIs
- Authored through well-known specialists within the field
Read Online or Download Acquired Brain Injury: Clinical Essentials for Neurotrauma and Rehabilitation Professionals PDF
Best neuropsychology books
Rules and perform of Sleep drugs, fifth variation, by way of Meir H. Kryger, MD, FRCPC, Thomas Roth, PhD, and William C. Dement, MD, PhD, gives you the excellent, accountable information you must successfully diagnose and deal with even the main tough sleep issues. Updates to genetics and circadian rhythms, occupational well-being, sleep in older humans, reminiscence and sleep, actual exam of the sufferer, comorbid insomnias, and masses extra hold you present at the most up-to-date parts of the sector.
Have you had an adventure the place you felt relatively conscious of God? If God is genuine, and we're created in God's snapshot, then it is smart that our minds and our bodies will be designed with the perceptive skill to feel and adventure God. Scientists are actually researching ways in which bodies are designed to connect to God.
There's a growing to be expertise that the physique in addition to the brain should be taken with treatment. Neuroscience and attachment theories have sincerely tested that emotion is a physiological in addition to a psychological phenomenon. Dr. Dayton's method of experiential paintings has been within the vanguard of what's now so generally in use in therapy facilities that it has develop into mainstream.
The newness of this book's procedure lies in addressing the influence of neurobiological components in addition to mental affects on mind restoration. there's starting to be proof that emotional, motivational, and cognitive components in addition to character characteristics play a vital function in mind plasticity, resilience, and restoration.
- The Myth of Executive Functioning: Missing Elements in Conceptualization, Evaluation, and Assessment (SpringerBriefs in Neuroscience)
- The Neuroscience of Human Relationships: Attachment and the Developing Social Brain (Second Edition) (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology)
- Process Approaches to Consciousness in Psychology, Neuroscience, and Philosophy of Mind (SUNY Series in Philosophy)
- Near-Death Experiences: Heavenly Insight or Human Illusion?
- The Heart of Trauma: Healing the Embodied Brain in the Context of Relationships
- Behavioural Economics and Finance (Routledge Advanced Texts in Economics and Finance)
Extra info for Acquired Brain Injury: Clinical Essentials for Neurotrauma and Rehabilitation Professionals
Acquired Brain Injury: Clinical Essentials for Neurotrauma and Rehabilitation Professionals by Dong Y., PsyD Han