By Setha M. Low,Denise Lawrence-Zúñiga
- Assembles key anthropological articles that problem authorized definitions and concepts of area and place
- Reveals how either the conceptual and fabric dimensions of area in addition to of outfitted types and panorama features are vital to the construction of social life
- Includes creation that synthesizes latest literature, highlights middle matters, and maps power instructions for destiny research
- Brings classics in cultural anthropology including new theoretical approaches
Read Online or Download Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology) PDF
Similar human geography books
Whereas curiosity in migration flows is ever-growing, this has in most cases targeting deprived migrants relocating from constructing to Western industrialised nations. against this, Euro-American cellular execs are just now turning into an emergent study subject. equally, debates at the connections among gender and migration infrequently ponder a lot of these migrants.
In an international doubtless browsing a wave of unparalleled affluence, it truly is sobering to be reminded that merely thirty out of approximately 2 hundred international locations can relatively be labeled as complex industrialized international locations. 80 in step with cent of the world's inhabitants lives within the constructing international. This well known, concise advent scrutinises the constructing global, its diverse political associations and the major social, fiscal and environmental concerns on the center of up to date debates.
Regardless of the frequency with which the be aware 'solidarity' is invoked the idea that itself has infrequently been subjected to shut scrutiny. during this unique and stereotype-busting paintings, David Featherstone is helping redress this imbalance via an leading edge blend of archival examine, activist stories and first-hand involvement with political events.
We need Land to reside explores the present obstacles of radical techniques to nutrients sovereignty. First coined by way of l. a. through Campesina (a worldwide flow whose identify ability “the peasant’s way”), nutrition sovereignty is an idea that expresses the common correct to foodstuff. Amy Trauger makes use of examine combining ethnography, player commentary, box notes, and interviews to aid us comprehend the fabric and definitional struggles surrounding the decommodification of nutrition and the transformation of the worldwide nutrition system’s political-economic foundations.
- The Human Experience of Space and Place (Routledge Revivals)
- Geography: Discipline, Profession and Subject since 1870: An International Survey (GeoJournal Library)
- Outside Justice: Immigration and the Criminalizing Impact of Changing Policy and Practice
- Moral Ecology of a Forest: The Nature Industry and Maya Post-Conservation (Critical Green Engagements: Investigating the Green Economy and its Alternatives)
Extra info for Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology)
Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology) by Setha M. Low,Denise Lawrence-Zúñiga